Choose the account that works best for you.
- No minimum balance.
- No minimum deposit.
- No per-check charges.
Get the safety and convenience of a personal checking account without restrictions, hidden fees, or high maintenance charges. An ATM card gives you 24-hour access to your account.
Direct Checking with Interest
Get all the convenience of a checking account plus the added benefit of interest. Enroll in Direct Deposit with your employer or any government agency and enjoy all the benefits free checking has to offer:
- Interest on your checking balances
- No minimum balance
- ATM/Visa Debit Card
- Online banking
- Unlimited check-writing capabilities
The Massachusetts “18-65” law allows any person who is 65 years of age or older or 18 years of age or younger to have a savings account and a checking account at a Massachusetts state-chartered savings bank without having to pay a service, maintenance or similar charge. With our 18/65 Checking account, there are:
No minimum balance requirements
- No charges for a deposit or withdrawal
- No fees for initial or subsequent basic checks associated with an 18-65 account
- Limited insufficient funds fee (25ȼ)
Fresh Start Checking*
Perhaps you’ve had difficulty managing your checking account in the past – overdrafts, insufficient funds or other adverse actions. NorthEast Community Bank recognizes that these events may have been caused by unforeseen circumstances. Depending upon the severity of the difficulties, we offer those who may not be eligible to open a regular account an opportunity to open a Fresh Start Checking account.
Fresh Start Checking offers:
- Low minimum balance requirement
- No monthly minimum balance requirement
- Low monthly service fee, which can be waived with Direct Deposit
- Free ATM/Visa Debit Card (subject to eligibility guidelines)
After 12 consecutive months of your account being in good standing, you may choose to convert to one of NECB’s regular checking accounts.
* Account alternative for those who do not qualify for other account offerings due to prior banking history. Please contact a bank representative for more information about NECB’s account opening eligibility requirements.
Open your account today. It's the easy way to manage your finances.